EDM graphite (Electrical Discharge Machining) is mainly used to process various complex and precise small workpieces, such as punches, concave dies, convex and concave dies, fixed plates, strippers, etc. of blanking dies, forming tools, templates, EDM Metal electrodes for forming processing, various micro-hole grooves, narrow slits, arbitrary curves, etc., have outstanding advantages such as small machining allowance, high machining accuracy, short production cycle, and low manufacturing cost, and have been widely used in production. At present, WEDM machines at home and abroad have accounted for more than 60% of the total number of EDM machines.
EDM is the principle of removing the material on the surface of the workpiece layer by layer by using the instantaneous high temperature generated when the spark between the electrode and the workpiece is energized. EDM is suitable for machining high hardness conductive workpieces.
EDM is the fourth popular machining method after turning, grinding and milling. Compared with traditional copper electrodes, isostatic graphite for EDM has the following advantages:
1. The price of the same volume of graphite is only 25% of that of copper electrodes.
2. The processing speed of graphite is 3-5 times that of copper electrodes, and the processing surface is smooth.
3. High machining precision, easy to polish.
4. The bulk density of graphite is only 1/5 of that of copper electrodes, which is more suitable for making large electrodes.
5. When used as an electrode for EDM, the period consumption is only 1/3-1/5 of the copper electrode, and the spark oil decomposes the carbide coating to compensate for the electrode wear.