Graphite cold iron block, its main use principle is that the graphite cold iron material has the advantages of light specific gravity, high refractoriness, and large thermal conductivity. Therefore, using graphite chilled iron as a chilling agent to replace metal chilled iron can better solve the problem of looseness and shrinkage of castings such as cast steel, cast copper, and cast aluminum. And can effectively solve the casting defects such as white mouth and pores caused by the use of metal cold iron.
Graphite chilled iron
In casting production, cold iron plays an important role in improving the function of risers, preventing shrinkage cavities and shrinkage porosity of castings, and ensuring the quality of castings. In lost foam casting, cold iron can be used in the same way as ordinary casting methods. When making the mold, the inner cooling iron can be embedded or bonded in the mold, or extended outside the mold and fixed in the sand mold. The formula principle of internal and external cold casting is similar to that of ordinary cast iron.
- The feed riser is not easy to shrink.
- Prevent excessive wall thickness and rapid change of crack position.
- The use of risers can improve the sequential solidification state of castings, extend the feed distance of risers, and reduce the number or size of risers.
- The use of cold iron to accelerate the cooling of each hot section can not only prevent or reduce the deformation of the casting, but also optimize the production process, while the entire casting is close to solidification.
- Reduce and prevent the insulation of thick-walled castings. The cooling effect of cast iron is to accelerate the cooling rate of some parts of cast iron. Due to the uneven wall thickness of different parts of cast iron, due to the needs of the structure, the wall thickness of some parts is too large, and the cooling rate is slow during the cooling process. The cooling rate of parts with excessively fast wall thickness is not uniform among different parts of the same casting.