Quartz crucibles have the advantages of high purity, strong temperature resistance, large size and high precision, good heat preservation, energy saving, stable quality, etc., and are more and more widely used. At present, the production equipment and process technology used in the production of domestic quartz crucible manufacturers all originate from the production equipment and process technology imported from Japan by Jinzhou 155 Factory in the early 1970s. The degree of automation of this technical equipment is not high, and the entire production process is More rely on manual to achieve, and now the new domestic crucible production equipment has been developed towards automation.
- Quartz crucible can be used below 1450 degrees, divided into transparent and opaque. The semi-transparent quartz crucible made by the arc method is an indispensable basic material for drawing large-diameter single crystal silicon and developing large-scale integrated circuits. Today, the developed countries of the world’s semiconductor industry have replaced the small transparent quartz crucible with this crucible. It has the advantages of high purity, strong temperature resistance, large size and high precision, good heat preservation, energy saving and stable quality.
- It cannot be in contact with HF. At high temperature, it is very easy to interact with caustic alkali and alkali metal carbonate.
- Quartz crucible is suitable for melting samples with K2S2O7 and KHSO4 as flux and Na2S207 (drying at 212 degrees) as flux for processing samples.
- Quartz is brittle and easy to break, so be careful when using it.
At present, the coating technology for crucible production has been used by most manufacturers. It is to coat a layer of barium dioxide solution on the surface of the crucible made of ordinary quartz sand to form a dense layer. React with quartz crucible to increase the crystallization rate.
The use and maintenance of quartz crucible
- The main chemical composition of quartz crucible is silicon dioxide, which does not interact with other acids except hydrofluoric acid, and is easy to interact with caustic alkali and alkali metal carbonate.
- The quartz crucible has good thermal stability and can be heated directly on the flame
- Quartz crucibles, like glassware, are easy to break, so be careful when using them